- House and Senate energy committees are due to hold hearings today over whether the U.S. should ease the restrictions on the export of liquefied natural gas.
- The issue has received heightened attention due to the Ukraine crisis, as increased exports would help Europe cut its reliance on Russian gas.
- One proposal would allow any country in the WTO to buy gas without U.S. government approval, a measure that would do away with almost all reviews.
- However, opponents, which include Dow Chemical (DOW), argue that increasing exports would raise domestic prices.
- ETFs: UNG, DGAZ, UGAZ, BOIL, GAZ, FCG, GASL, KOLD, UNL, GASX, NAGS, DCNG