Advanced Cannabis Solutions comments on trading stop

• The SEC halted trading of (CANN) because of questions concerning possible unlawful public distribution of securities by affiliates or shareholders of the company's common stock.
  • According to the firm, the SEC has yet to contact them on the matter.
Comments (12)
  • dmathis
    Comments (3) | Send Message

what happens in these situation...could we lose half our value.
    are is someone buying then
    28 Mar, 07:36 AM Reply Like
  • zcat2010
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Has anyone verified, is it really halted?
    28 Mar, 09:50 AM Reply Like
  • Doc's Trading
    Comments (588) | Send Message

28 Mar, 10:24 AM Reply Like
  • Mia09
    Comment (1) | Send Message

,,, I am Small time trader,, I knew I was playing with a boiler room stock,,, but just brought a small amount. Could some one educate me on what to do at this point. Will all monies be lost?? And I assume I should dump it as soon as it start trading again..
    29 Mar, 05:01 AM Reply Like
  • Scrying Biotech
    Comments (1481) | Send Message

What a mess. I'm only speculating but there's no real pot of cash behind any investment. Should the stock be removed from the exchange, your only recourse - and I'm guessing here, would be to take the company to court.

Likely, you'd end up settling for pennies on the dollar.
    29 Mar, 04:34 PM Reply Like
  • J Scott
    Comments (10) | Send Message

Trading is halted for two weeks. Afterwards the stock will trade as normal. It may decline; it may increase. It is one of the better stocks in the space so in the long run it will increase. IMO it has been overbought and was do for a retraction. But if it were to decline after trading resumes I will probably be a buyer.
    29 Mar, 06:18 PM Reply Like
  • S & S
    Comments (35) | Send Message

Yep it's halted for the second day! Bye Bye money!
    30 Mar, 02:33 AM Reply Like
  • roccoavj
    Comments (2) | Send Message

Good luck with this company!!!
    30 Mar, 02:51 AM Reply Like
  • chivenyc
    Comments (26) | Send Message

Good thing I took my 500% at $50 :)
    3 Apr, 04:19 PM Reply Like
  • Growfast
    Comments (273) | Send Message

The statement in this news release caught me as rather humorous. Put yourself in managements position. If your stock is halted, would you simply state,
    "According to the firm, the SEC has yet to contact them on the matter."

Or, would you jump on the phone calling the SEC to figure out what the heck is going on and what is required to get the outstanding issues resolved?
    6 Apr, 05:49 PM Reply Like
  • Scrying Biotech
    Comments (1481) | Send Message

Growfast ~

Great read! Made me laugh.
    6 Apr, 06:39 PM Reply Like
  • Land of Milk and Honey
    Comments (3401) | Send Message

Growfast

Really obvious point that no one thought of or mentioned. How obvious, now that you point it out :).

I assumed the management had enough idea of what was wrong (traded under two names), and didn't want to trigger more SEC attention. But that's illogical. Of course you contact the SEC about something so major and get it figured out.

Even more odd is how could the SEC halt trading and not contact the company involved? My thought had been more likely that the company was choosing not to say anything to avoid triggering an unavoidable PR conversation.
    6 Apr, 10:19 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: