- Citi analysts suggest five core holdings among MLPs and upgrade two other names to Buy, expecting growing U.S. hydrocarbon production that requires more infrastructure and improving prices for natural gas liquids.
- Citi forecasts a 10% total return by the entire MLP sector during the next 12 months.
- The firm's core recommendations: Williams Energy Partners (WPZ), Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), Enterprise Product Partners (EPD), Northern Tier Energy Partners (NTI), Boardwalk Pipeline Partners (BWP).
- Upgrades to Buy from Neutral: Tallgrass Energy Partners (TEP), El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB).
- Upgrades to Neutral from Sell: Niska Gas Storage (NKA), TC Pipelines (TCP).
- Downgrades to Neutral from Buy: Genesis Energy (GEL), Rose Rock Midstream (RRMS).
- ETFs: AMLP, AMJ, MLPL, YMLP, MLPI, MLPA, ENY, MLPN, MLPG, EMLP, MLPS, MLPX, MLPY, MLPJ, AMU, YMLI, ATMP, ZMLP, MLPW, IMLP, ENFR, MLPC
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)