- Global equities are higher as investors concentrate on the positive, such as U.S. manufacturing and car sales data.
- Even sluggish Chinese manufacturing PMI readings are looked upon favorably, as it's thought to increase the chances that the government will introduce fresh stimulus to stabilize growth. The Shanghai Composite ended +0.4%, helped by speculation that the government will ease housing limits.
- Markets are also looking forward to an ECB meeting tomorrow, when the bank could ease policy further to combat deflationary risks, and to a U.S. jobs report on Friday.
- Japan +1%, Hong Kong +0.3%, India +0.3%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 +0.7%, London +0.1%, Paris flat, Frankfurt +0.3%, Madrid +1.2%, Milan +1%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.15%. S&P +0.1%. Nasdaq +0.5%