- In response to congressional activity seeking a withdrawal of the recently-approved Zohydro (hydrocodone), Zogenix publishes its response to yesterday's hearing.
- Zohydro's potency is equivalent to other commercially available pain pills but without acetaminophen.
- In terms of maximum strength per pill, all other extended-release opioids have a higher dosage strength than Zohydro.
- The company offers educational tools and safeguards to ensure the safe use of Zohydro in addition to the FDA-mandated REMS.
- The company has established an External Safe Use Board of Experts to monitor the use of the product.
- Sales representatives are not compensated on volume sales.