- The FDA plans to release a proposed rule establishing its authority over e-cigarettes.
- The White House's OMB is currently reviewing the proposal to assess its economic impact. It's been five months with no word on when it will be completed.
- Commissioner Margaret Hamburg believes the wait is almost over.
- Predictably, e-cig makers oppose a full spectrum regulatory regime saying it will stifle innovation, damage small businesses and hurt consumers trying to quit smoking.
- (ECIG) (MO) (PM) (LO) (BTI)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 19, 2014)