- The Ricketts family is considering selling shares in the Chicago Cubs to a small number of high-net worth investors, The Chicago Sun-Times reports.
- The baseball club would use the money to fund the long-awaited $300M expansion of its Wrigley Field stadium. Alternatively, the Ricketts could finance the revamp themselves.
- If the family, which owns 95% of the Cubs, did sell any shares, it would retain control. Tribune Company (TRBAA) holds the other 5%.
- A Ricketts spokesman confirmed that it's "looking at a number of financial options" for overhauling Wrigley Field.
Report: Ricketts mull selling shares in Chicago Cubs
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 20, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 24, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jul 15, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (May 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 14, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs