- In addition to February's revision from 175K in job gains to 197K, January is revised higher by 15K jobs to 144K.
- Average hourly earnings fell by $0.01 to $24.30. On a Y/Y basis, average hourly earnings are higher by 2.1%. The average workweek increased 0.2 hours to 34.5 hours, offsetting the net decline over the previous three months.
- The headline unemployment rate didn't fall as expected, but this came as people flocked back into the workforce to the tune of about 500K workers. The labor force participation rate rises to 63.2% from 63% previously. A year ago it was 63.3%.
- The broader U-6 unemployment rate rose to 12.7% from 12.6%. A year ago it stood at 13.9%.
- S&P 500 (SPY) futures pop just a bit higher, now +0.3%; the 10-year Treasury yield ticks down a basis point to 2.79%.
- S&P 500 ETFs: SPY, IVE, SH, SSO, SDS, IVV, VOO, SPXU, UPRO, SPXL, RSP, RWL, EPS, IVW, SPYG, RPG, RPV, SPYV, VOOG, BXUB, VOOV, TRND, SFLA, BXUC, BXDB, SPLX, FTA
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, SBND, ZROZ, IEI, TLH, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, BIL, UST, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, SCHO, GSY, DTYL, ITE, SCHR, LBND, TYD, TENZ, TYBS, DTUL, SST, DTUS, FIVZ, TUZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
- Previously: 192K jobs gain in March about inline
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 2:41PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Mon, 1:57PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 11:00AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 25, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 19, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs