- The selloff accelerates, with the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) and Russell 2000 (IWM) each now lower by 2.3%. Little-changed earlier, selling comes to the S&P 500 (SPY -0.7%) and DJIA (DIA -0.4%).
- What's working? Emerging markets for one. Another area of green is the utility sector (XLU +0.9%). Healthcare (XLV -0.8%) would usually get a bid on these days, but it's being dragged down by the continuing liquidation of the biotechs. There are also some pockets of green in basic materials (XLB -0.7%).
- Utility ETFs: XLU, IDU, VPU, NLR, GRID, JXI, NUCL, DBU, IPU, RYU, UPW, PUI, FUTY, FXU, SDP, PSCU, AXUT, UTLT
- Healthcare ETFs: IYH, XLV, VHT, PJP, XPH, CURE, FXH, IHE, RXL, IRY, IXJ, PPH, IHI, IHF, FHLC, XHS, PSCH, RYH, XHE, PTH, DRGS, AXHE, RXD
- Basic Materials ETFs: XLB, VAW, UYM, IYM, IGE, SMN, MATL, FXZ, PYZ, FMAT, RTM, SBM, PSCM