Qualcomm declares $0.42 dividend

• Qualcomm (QCOM) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, 20.0% increase from prior dividend of $0.35.
  • Forward yield 2.15%
  • Payable June 25; for shareholders of record June 4; ex-div May 30.
From other sites
Comments (12)
  • db313706
    Comments (219) | Send Message

Announces the next generation of high-end chips, turns around and spikes the divy by 20%.

Phenomenal news in uncertain times.
    8 Apr 2014, 09:10 AM Reply Like
  • JD in NJ
    Comments (1513) | Send Message

Made my day. The divvy increases at QCOM have been just beautiful.
    8 Apr 2014, 10:19 AM Reply Like
  • maybenot
    Comments (5157) | Send Message

Oh my...at first I thought: "20%? -- that can't be right."

But then I remembered: "it is QCOM."

Long QCOM
    8 Apr 2014, 12:54 PM Reply Like
  • 6012571
    Comments (240) | Send Message

I inherited 100 shares for graduation, up 4500% from when Dad bought in 1992. This stock rocks!
    8 Apr 2014, 01:31 PM Reply Like
  • maybenot
    Comments (5157) | Send Message

make sure you say -- "thank you Dad!"
    8 Apr 2014, 01:44 PM Reply Like
  • jlalbalos
    Comments (134) | Send Message

Makes me happy I'm 1.33x overweight...and yet a little sad it isn't more 8-)
    8 Apr 2014, 01:57 PM Reply Like
  • Tradevestor
    Comments (4138) | Send Message

I got excited to write about this but then it was done last month lol http://seekingalpha.co...
    8 Apr 2014, 06:53 PM Reply Like
  • arthur_bishop1972
    Comments (2963) | Send Message

This co is kicking a$$.

Disc: I bot for 2 clients in the high $50s and again in the mid $60s but don't own any myself (but looking back, wish I had p/u some for my own acct)
    10 Apr 2014, 01:53 AM Reply Like
  • maybenot
    Comments (5157) | Send Message

arthur -- sweet move buying in the $50's.

I got it in the mid-60's. Yeah, I like the CEO and the management team. Good proactive moves.
    10 Apr 2014, 11:43 AM Reply Like
  • arthur_bishop1972
    Comments (2963) | Send Message

It's funny, maybenot. Looking back, it's a no-brainer, but b/c these clients are (mostly) against fracking, I've had to keep their holdings free of (or almost, for the husband) oil and gas co's and tobacco. So, my research led me to QCOM at that time. Div much, much smaller, but more (immediate) growth was ahead. I really wish I would have held some of my personal funds back to p/u shares for myself (and PSX too), but I've been working on building up my MLP holdings (BBEP, QRE, and VNR so far) in my cash account.
    10 Apr 2014, 05:19 PM Reply Like
  • maybenot
    Comments (5157) | Send Message

arthur -- you know, I am against fracking, smoking, chewing tobacco, paying subsidies to big oil, burning coal, etc.

Really, I am. Just my personal views. Wish things were different. But they are not.

But, no one is watching out for me and my future. Just the way it is. No biggie.

So I watch out for myself by being long: MO, LO, PM, XOM, CVX, BP, COP. Just the way it is.

As the Kinks sang so long ago, "...it's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world..."

Nice MLP holdings there. I've been wanting some of that VNR.
    10 Apr 2014, 06:01 PM Reply Like
  • arthur_bishop1972
    Comments (2963) | Send Message

maybenot-

I'm in the same boat but we live in a world with a lot of gray areas. We could just leave the petrol in the ground and go on with the way things were. Would the other countries??? Of course not...and I'm not fooling myself about it either. I wish it were different but it isn't. If we're going to continue with oil, we need to become self sufficient as much as humanly possible. Yes, we will find other reasons to have a military presence 'over there', but we need to be taking care of Americans fuel needs first, even if it's not the cleanest way to go about it. Eventually, we'll move on from oil...but it will be after the last drop is used though.

Tobacco is what it is. There will always be something like it-even if they regulate it out of existence (or try).

But you're right-no one will be there for our (financial) futures, so we need to make the best of it, even if it occupies those dreaded gray areas.

ps-get you some VNR : D