- Stocks look to open on a cautious note as S&P and Dow futures trade flat, but Nasdaq (+0.2%) signals a higher open after facing aggressive selling pressure over the past three sessions.
- Asian markets ended mixed, with the Shanghai composite sharply higher following a long weekend, while major European bourses trade lower across the board.
- Alcoa will kick off Q1 earnings season after the close today, with JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo on Friday and reports coming in full force next week.
- Some observers believe the market has now mostly priced in a lackluster earnings season following a weather-related slowdown, perhaps setting up a situation where the bar is low enough that it won't be hard to beat expectations.
- The benchmark 10-year Treasury yield is up one basis point to ~2.71%.