- Stock futures edge higher, building on gains from the previous session; S&P +0.3%, Dow +0.4%, Nasdaq +0.5%.
- Asian markets finished mostly higher with the exception of Japan's Nikkei (-2.1%), which was weighed by a strong yen; European markets are broadly higher, with Great Britain's FTSE (+1%) in the lead.
- It could be that yesterday's gains shouldn’t be read as a sign that concerns about stretchy valuations in the tech sector have eased; instead, they may merely point to bargain hunters buying the dip.
- Alcoa +4% premarket after unofficially kicking off Q1 earnings season with a better than expected profit.
- Treasurys have retreated steadily overnight, pushing the benchmark 10-year yield higher by nearly 3 bps to 2.71%.
- Still ahead: wholesale inventories, EIA petroleum inventories, FOMC minutes (2:00 PM ET).
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs