- Retail traffic slowed 1% during March with a shift of Easter to later in the calendar a factor, says research firm Euclid.
- Analysts say the slow month sets up April as the make-or-break month for pent-up shopper demand to be unleashed as warmer weather finally prevails.
- A strong report from Costco on March sales is one of the few signs in the sector that momentum could be building.
- ICSC expects April retail sales to improve 3.5% to 4%.
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, PMR, RCD, PEZ, PSCD