- Bill Gross' and Mohamed El-Erian's different styles made "very good complements" in serving Pimco's clients and "leading the firm forward through both smooth and rough markets," the latter has told the WSJ. "That worked very well for a long time, until last year."
- The WSJ describes El-Erian as having a "deliberate manner," which contrasted with Gross' "freewheeling style." El-Erian's comments come after he resigned in January and following media articles highlighting the break-down in the relationship between the men.
- Still, El-Erian maintained that he "always had" and still has "an enormous amount of respect for Bill."
- El-Erian also highlighted the desire to see his family more as another reason why he resigned from Pimco.
- Pimco's parent company is Allianz (AZSEY).
- Pimco funds: AUD, BABZ, BUND, CAD, CORP, DI, FIVZ, FORX, GOVY