- European shares and U.S. stock futures are solidly lower as the tension in eastern Ukraine escalates, with pro-Russian gunmen in several cities ignoring a deadline to disarm and leave government buildings that they'd seized.
- Wall Street's declines on Friday amid a continued sell-off in tech stocks are also souring the mood.
- In Asia, the Nikkei's woes continued as it fell 0.4%, with investors concerned about Japan's economic recovery.
- Elsewhere in Asia, Hong Kong +0.1%, China +0.05%, India closed.
- Euro Stoxx 50 -0.9%, London -2%, Paris -0.9%, Frankfurt -0.9%, Milan -1.1%, Madrid -2%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.2%. S&P -0.2%. Nasdaq -0.35%