- ASML's (ASML) Q1 net profit almost halved to €249.1M ($344M) from €481M in Q4 but exceeded expectations of €230M. Profit in Q1 a year earlier was €96M.
- Sales slumped 24% on quarter to €1.4B, as expected. On year, revenue rose 57% from €892M.
- ASML downgraded its H1 sales forecast due to slowing revenues in Q2, saying it expects turnover of €3B including extreme ultraviolet (EUV) systems for producing smaller chips. The company's prior guidance was €3B excluding EUV products.
- "That ASML is now including EUV in its sales guidance means a difference on a yearly basis of around €500-600M, which is about 10% of sales," says ING analyst Robin van den Broek.
- Shares are -3.6% in Amsterdam. (PR)