- Alliant Techsystems (ATK) has won a $178M booking from spacecraft services company United Launch Alliance (ULA) as part of the latter's contract from the Air Force for Phase 1 Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicles (EELV).
- Alliant's order comprises a variety of composite structures, "including fairings, payload adapters and diaphragms, interstages, nose cones and structures providing main engine thermal/aerodynamic protection."
- Deliveries are due to start in FY 2014.
- The deal adds to $186M in ammunition orders that ATK recently won from U.S. allies.
- ULA is a joint venture of Boeing and Lockheed Martin. (PR)