Kinder Morgan declares $0.42 dividend

• Kinder Morgan(KMI) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, 2.43% increase from prior dividend of $0.41.
  • Forward yield 5.04%
  • Payable May 16; for shareholders of record April 30; ex-div April 28.
From other sites
Comments (16)
  • HackFab
    Comments (1236) | Send Message

Long (an over weight) $KMI.
    16 Apr 2014, 04:26 PM Reply Like
  • fuzzymc
    Comments (176) | Send Message

Long KMI, div is nice but still down 10pct from my entry point!
    16 Apr 2014, 04:29 PM Reply Like
  • HackFab
    Comments (1236) | Send Message

I'm a bit underwater, my average cost is $33.73. I added about 1/3 of my position when the price was between $31-$32.
    16 Apr 2014, 04:38 PM Reply Like
  • Roady26.2
    Comments (267) | Send Message

fuzzy,
    Just keep re-investing the divs. I'm down 7pct in one account and up 5pct in another. I had bad timing too, bought KMI Jan 1st in my Roth IRA, but picked up more at a discount in my taxable. My DRIP is on for KMI and I've been pooling some other divs to KMI as well.
    16 Apr 2014, 04:42 PM Reply Like
  • Sum02006
    Comments (431) | Send Message

This increase is the first step in reaching 2014 annual dividend payments of $1.72.
    16 Apr 2014, 04:36 PM Reply Like
  • ScottU
    Comments (1126) | Send Message

Disappointed in the dividend increase. It's going to be difficult for them to get to that 1.72 figure. Almost has to be a .44 third quarter and .45 fourth quarter. I'd love that last quarter figure for next years goals, but 42-45 seems like a large 2 quarter bump.
    16 Apr 2014, 04:39 PM Reply Like
  • worldbank
    Comments (175) | Send Message

ScottU-
    Lets go with the trend. April 2013 divy was 38 cents, July 2013 divy at 40 cents, April 2014 divy 42 cents (up 10% from last April). This I like- Drip, drip, a penny or two.
    16 Apr 2014, 05:57 PM Reply Like
  • ScottU
    Comments (1126) | Send Message

I'm not selling, in fact I added a few more shares yesterday.

I was simply commenting on what I thought they would do with the dividend increase, versus what they actually did. Year over year the increase is just fine, and given the expectations they like to make sure they live up to, this actually plays better for next years total figures.
    16 Apr 2014, 08:36 PM Reply Like
  • Boog0822
    Comments (11) | Send Message

What's difficult to understand?
    Qtr 1 - .42
    Qtr 2 - .43
    Qtr 3 - .43
    Qtr 4 - .44

Looks pretty simple to get to $1.72 to me...
    17 Apr 2014, 02:50 AM Reply Like
  • Doctorft
    Comments (90) | Send Message

Have been investing in Kinder for over 20 yrs. The co. has never not delivered on their projected Dividends and distributions. I am long KMP and KMI.
    16 Apr 2014, 05:25 PM Reply Like
  • Zarig
    Comments (34) | Send Message

KMP just boosted the next distribution to $1.38.
    16 Apr 2014, 06:04 PM Reply Like
  • mpmassey
    Comments (460) | Send Message

Sold at $35. Glad I did. Not much of a dividend increase. Says something about their thinking on future profits and cash flow.
    16 Apr 2014, 08:20 PM Reply Like
  • Boog0822
    Comments (11) | Send Message

You understand they usually raise the dividend every quarter as opposed to yearly right? I guess not...
    17 Apr 2014, 02:50 AM Reply Like
  • mpmassey
    Comments (460) | Send Message

I thought they were projecting a higher dividend increase this quarter. Am I incorrect?
    17 Apr 2014, 08:38 AM Reply Like
  • Doctorft
    Comments (90) | Send Message

Increase in dividend of 2.43%. Kinder projected increase of 8%-10% per yr. Looks to me this is right in line with projections. I fail to see the problem.
    16 Apr 2014, 11:00 PM Reply Like
  • Boog0822
    Comments (11) | Send Message

I'm assuming 2nd and 3rd quarter dividends will be 43 cents and 4th quarter will be 44 cents. That would equal the $1.72 estimated 2014 dividend. Long KMI.
    17 Apr 2014, 02:50 AM Reply Like