- As e-cigarettes grow in popularity so have instances of burns, toxicity and respiratory and cardiovascular problems. Over the past 12 months, 50 complaints were filed with the FDA which matches the total for the previous five years.
- The FDA is poised to regulate the $2B industry which some observers believe will overtake tobacco's $85B in ten years.
- The long-term effects of vaping are unknown.
- Most e-cigarettes are made in China and sold under more than 300 brands in the U.S.
- The quality of the brands varies widely so some manufacturing has moved to America.
- (MO) (BTI) (LO) (PM) (ECIG)
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)