- David Faber reports Valeant (VRX) will make a $45B+ hostile bid for Allergan (AGN), of which 1/3 will be financed with cash. He expects an announcement tomorrow.
- After factoring a 6% gain in regular trading a 19.7% AH gain, Allergan is currently worth $50.9B. Valeant is worth $46.4B, after accounting for a 3.2% gain in regular trading and a 10.3% AH gain.
- Valeant and Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Capital have each filed 13Ds (I, II) stating Pershing Square now has a 9.7% stake in Allergan.
- Valeant says it expects to propose a merger with a ~$15B cash component, and that it's contributing $75.9M in working capital to an entity (known as PS Fund 1) to be used by Valeant and Pershing to pursue their bid.
- Faber: "So Ackman can buy $3b in [Allergan] stock, which he will sell to [Valeant] for a lot more if it succeeds in an offer Ackman knew was coming."
- Previous: Valeant and Ackman eye Allergan