- United Tech (UTX) net profit -4% to $1.2B, or $1.32 a share, including $0.09 a share of restructuring costs.
- Segment operating profit +4%.
- Sales breakdown: Otis $3B vs $2.81B a year earlier; Climate, Controls & Security $3.85B vs $3.84B; Pratt & Whitney $3.33B vs $3.4B; Aerospace Systems $3.45B vs $3.26B; Sikorsky $1.36B vs $1.25B.
- To increase restructuring spending to $375M from $300M.
- Increases lower end of 2014 EPS outlook and now expects $6.65-6.85 vs $6.55-6.85 previously and consensus of $6.83.
- "Continued organic growth and orders strength give us confidence in our sales expectation of $64B for 2014," says CEO Louis Chenevert. (PR)
at MarketWatch.com (Mon, 2:37PM)