- The sale slide by McDonald's (MCD +0.3%) in the U.S. during Q1 is tied to soft weather-related traffic patterns more than pricing or mix factors. The company actually increased prices in Q1 or the margin crimp would have been worse.
- The company expects April global comparable store sales to be modestly positive after the Q1 comp came in negative.
- There is a focus on breakfast during the call. Execs say that the new breakfast player (Taco Bell) hasn't impacted sales for McDonald's. They also note the significant advantage the chain has with its kitchens geared for breakfast.
- Execs say the company will open 1.5K restaurants this year.
- Investing in digital initiatives will pick up, but the company won't come right out and say an app is on the way.
- Earnings call webcast
at Nasdaq.com (Mon, 12:37PM)