- Disney (DIS +0.6%) chairman Alan Horn confirmed during a chat at the Bloomberg and Tribeca Film Festival Business of Entertainment Breakfast that filming for Star Wars Episode VII has started
- Some scenes have been shot in Abu Dhabu (Tatooine?) ahead of the principal photography which is scheduled to being in May in the U.K.
- The budget for the film should fall in the $175M-$200M range, says Horn.
- The company hasn't made any official announcement on casting, although it's been widely reported that Harrison Ford, Carrie Fischer, and Mark Hamill will reprise their roles.
- Star Wars launch schedule: Episode VII premieres December 18, 2015; sequels are planned for 2017 and 2019; character spinoffs films are penciled in for 2016 and 2018.