- In what may or may not end up being a bell-ringer of a deal, French cable company Numericable finalizes its record €7.9B junk bond offering, reportedly pricing the yield even lower than the initial whisper numbers. The size blows past the previous record - Sprint's $6.5B issuance last year.
- This deal is spread over €2.25B of euro-denominated paper, $7.75B of dollar-denominated, and across three tranches of varying maturities.
- RBS's Albert Gallo: “The new deal highlights strong growth in the European high-yield bond market, which has grown fivefold over the past five years to nearly €300B . . . Despite the strong supply, we expect European high-yield spreads to continue to tighten over the year, on recovering growth, easy ECB policy, stable fundamentals and low default rates.”
- The proceeds are to be used to fund Altice's (Numericable's parent) purchase of Vivendi's telecoms business.
- Previously: Largest junk-bond deal ever on tap
- ETFs: HYG, JNK, HYLD, HYS, SJNK, PHB, SJB, HYHG, IHY, ANGL, HYXU, PGHY, HYLS, UJB, XOVR, THHY, YPRO, SHYG, QLTC, IJNK, HYND, HYZD
Numericable pulls off record junk-bond issuance
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Oct 22, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Oct 21, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 25, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 17, 2013)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs