- AstraZeneca (AZN) core EPS of $1.17 misses by $0.06.
- Revenues flat at $6.42B, topping consensus of $6.32B. Sales +3% at constant exchange rates (CER).
- Core operating profit tumbles 11% to $1.95B.
- Net profit halves to $504M from $1.01B, with earnings hurt by charges of $967M related to restructuring, amortization and other factors.
- Sales breakdown: Brilinta $99M (+94% CER), diabetes $347M (+106%), respiratory $1.27B (+12%), emerging markets $1.42B (+11%) and Japan $537M (+13%).
- AstraZeneca affirms its 2014 guidance, saying it expects core EPS to fall "in the teens" at CER and revenue to drop in the low-to-mid single digits on a percentage basis. (PR)
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Mon, 3:34AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 11, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 5, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 8, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs