- AstraZeneca (AZN) core EPS of $1.17 misses by $0.06.
- Revenues flat at $6.42B, topping consensus of $6.32B. Sales +3% at constant exchange rates (CER).
- Core operating profit tumbles 11% to $1.95B.
- Net profit halves to $504M from $1.01B, with earnings hurt by charges of $967M related to restructuring, amortization and other factors.
- Sales breakdown: Brilinta $99M (+94% CER), diabetes $347M (+106%), respiratory $1.27B (+12%), emerging markets $1.42B (+11%) and Japan $537M (+13%).
- AstraZeneca affirms its 2014 guidance, saying it expects core EPS to fall "in the teens" at CER and revenue to drop in the low-to-mid single digits on a percentage basis. (PR)