- European equities and U.S. stock futures are higher as M&A news and earnings reports from Apple and Facebook lift sentiment.
- However, the mood in Asia has been mixed, weighed down by poor manufacturing PMI data out of China yesterday and an unexpected drop in U.S. home sales.
- The Nikkei drops 1%, apparently hurt by the failure of the U.S. and Japan to make significant progress on a trade deal during President Obama's visit to Japan.
- China's Shanghai Composite index falls 0.5%, with another prospective resumption of IPOs one factor in the decline.
- Elsewhere in Asia, Hong Kong +0.2%, India closed.
- Euro Stoxx 50 +0.55%, London +0.6%, Paris +0.8%, Frankfurt +0.7%, Milan +1.1%, Madrid +0.7%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.2%. S&P +0.4%. Nasdaq +1.2%