- Chubb (CB -2.3%) and Cincinnati Financial (CINF -2.8%) are leading a weak P&C insurance sector today after reporting claims from the severe winter weather worse than most had anticipated.
- Sandler O'Neill's Paul Newsome finds the poor underwriting performance at Chubb "interesting" considering the strong results posted by Travelers earlier this week.
- The KBW Insurance Index is off 0.65% today, -3.7% YTD. Chubb is down 7.2% on the year, and Cincinnati Financial -7.7%.
- Previously: Winter weather takes bite out of Chubb's Q1 profit
- Previously: Winter weather hits Cincinnati Financial Q1 profits
at Zacks.com (Nov 11, 2014)