- A familiar pattern repeats as a sharp selloff in small caps (IWM -1.8%) and tech momentum names lead the broader decline in equities. The Nasdaq (QQQ -1%) is managing a sizable dip even as Apple gains 3%. Down 4.4% today, Facebook is back to about flat YTD, Twitter -4% on the session, is lower by 37% YTD. The iShares Biotech ETF (IBB -2.6%) has moved into the red for the year.
- Leading S&P 500 (SPY -0.4%) decliners are Bank of America -5.6% after suspending its capital plan, and Google -1.9%.
- What sector's working today? Consumer staples (XLP +0.8%). Proctor & Gamble +1.5%, Altria +2.3%, Pepsi +1.6%, Phillip Morris +1%.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, IWM, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, VOO, IVV, SPXU, UWM, UPRO, TQQQ, VB, SPXL, QID, IJR, RSP, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, RWJ, RWL, EPS, URTY, SCHA, TWM, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, BXUB, SAA, QQEW, VTWO, QQQE, TRND, VIOO, SFLA, SDD, QQXT, SBB, BXUC, RSCO, SPLX, JKJ, FYX, BXDB, XSLV, TNDQ, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV, PXSC
- Consumer staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC
Small caps, momo names back in penalty box
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Apr 8, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 20, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 5, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs