- A familiar pattern repeats as a sharp selloff in small caps (IWM -1.8%) and tech momentum names lead the broader decline in equities. The Nasdaq (QQQ -1%) is managing a sizable dip even as Apple gains 3%. Down 4.4% today, Facebook is back to about flat YTD, Twitter -4% on the session, is lower by 37% YTD. The iShares Biotech ETF (IBB -2.6%) has moved into the red for the year.
- Leading S&P 500 (SPY -0.4%) decliners are Bank of America -5.6% after suspending its capital plan, and Google -1.9%.
- What sector's working today? Consumer staples (XLP +0.8%). Proctor & Gamble +1.5%, Altria +2.3%, Pepsi +1.6%, Phillip Morris +1%.
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, IWM, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, VOO, IVV, SPXU, UWM, UPRO, TQQQ, VB, SPXL, QID, IJR, RSP, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, RWJ, RWL, EPS, URTY, SCHA, TWM, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, BXUB, SAA, QQEW, VTWO, QQQE, TRND, VIOO, SFLA, SDD, QQXT, SBB, BXUC, RSCO, SPLX, JKJ, FYX, BXDB, XSLV, TNDQ, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV, PXSC
- Consumer staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC
Small caps, momo names back in penalty box
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Fri, 2:04PM)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 5, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 3, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs