- Samsung's (SSNLF) Q1 operating profit fell 3.3% to 8.49T Korean won ($8.2B) but topped consensus of 8.4T won.
- Net profit excluding minority interests grew 7.3% to 7.48T won ($7.2B) and beat forecasts of 6.75T won, while revenues increased 3% to 53.68T won.
- Operating profit at Samsung's mobile division fell 1.2% to 6.43T won ($6.2B) but surpassed expectations of 5.9T won, with the company shipping 113M phones and tablets. Margins were unchanged at 19.8%.
- Operating earnings breakdown at other units: chip business almost doubled to 1.95T won from 1.07T won; display swung to a loss of 80B won from a profit of 770B won, hurt by increased costs for a production ramp-up and falling selling prices; TV and home-appliances 190B won.
- Samsung forecasts that profits will rally in Q2 and beyond, lifted by strong sales of its new Galaxy S5 flagship device - which are expected to outstrip those of the S4 - as well as "improved sales of display panels and home appliances." (PR)
From other sites
at CNBC.com (May 26, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 19, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 16, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs