- Statoil's (STO) Q1 net profit jumped to 23.6B Norwegian kroner ($3.94B) from 6.4B kroner a year earlier and slayed consensus of 12.12B kroner. Earnings were boosted by increased gas prices, particularly in the U.S. amid the harsh winter.
- Revenue rose to 169.9B kroner from 162.2B kroner and topped expectations of 162.79B kroner.
- Adjusted earnings +9% to 46B kroner.
- Oil and gas output slipped 1% to 1.978M barrels of oil equivalent a day.
- Proposes a dividend payment of 1.80 kroner a share.
- Shares are +4% in Oslo. (PR)