- Merck (MRK) net profit rises to $1.705B from $1.59B a year earlier
- Revenues hurt by patent expirations and currency fluctuations.
- Pharmaceuticals revenues -4.7% to $8.45B, dragged down by generic competition for Merck's Singulair treatment for allergy and asthma; consumer care -4.4%; animal-health -3.2%.
- Sales of Remicade, Simponi and Isentress, as well as of Diabetes and Vaccines Franchises, grew.
- Affirms FY guidance for adjusted EPS of $3.35-3.53 vs consensus of $3.45.
- Shares +1.45% premarket. (PR)