- Silicon Motion (SIMO -6.3%) expects Q2 revenue to be up 10%-15% Q/Q; that's largely favorable to a consensus for 10.7% growth. But in spite of the Q2 forecast and strong Q1 sales, the chipmaker is merely reiterating full-year guidance for 5%-15% Y/Y growth (consensus is at 10.4%).
- As forecast in its April 7 pre-announcement, SIMO's Q1 revenue was near the high end of its guidance range, and its gross margin (48.8%, -20 bps Q/Q and +780 bps Y/Y) at the low end.
- Both Q2 and full-year GM are expected to be in a range of 48%-50%. Opex guidance has been raised to $74M-$79M from a prior $70M-$75M.
- SIMO says it has converted the majority of its eMMC NAND flash controller sales to the relatively advanced eMMC 4.5 standard, and has begun mass-producing controllers supporting the next-gen eMMC 5.0 standard.
- The company also claims solid module/OEM design win activity for its SSD controllers, and says a Korean OEM (presumably Samsung or LG) has adopted SIMO's LTE-Advanced transceiver for a phone design.
- Q1 results, PR
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs