- The cast for Star War: Episode VII has been released on Starwars.com.
- The list of actors in the movie includes John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow.
- Returning actors include Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2).
- Director J.J. Abrams says shooting begins in a few weeks for the first film in the new trilogy. It's slated to debut on December 18, 2015.
- What to watch: Early analyst estimates vary widely on what the financial impact of a successful Star Wars reboot could do for Disney (DIS), although most show a tally that makes the Lucasfilm acquisition look like a strategic play. Statisticbrain.com puts the Star Wars franchise value at $27B through 2013. Two wildcards in the mix to adding up the billions are the reception of the franchise in China and if demand for consumer products tied to the movie will be as frenzied as it still is for Frozen.