- Net interest income of $284.2M fell from $297.3M in Q4, with NIM of 2.72% slipping 20 basis points. Average balance of interest-earning assets of $41.5B is up $760.7M, with $594.8M increase in average loan balance and $165.8M boost to securities and money market investment balances.
- Noninterest income of $37.2M slips $1.6M from Q4 thanks to an increase in FDIC indemnification expense recorded in connection with the recovery from the allowance for covered loan losses. Offsetting that was a $1.9M increase in mortgage banking income. Noninterest expense of $146.3M slipped $3.1M.
- Held-for-investment loans grew $1B, or 13.8% on an annualized basis in Q1 to $30.9B. Multi-family loans accounted for about three-quarters of that. Campaign to boost deposits paying off, with deposits rising $1.1B to $26.8B.
- Multi-family loan portfolio of $21.5B, represents about 70% held-for-investment loans, with expected average weighted life of 2.9 years. Commercial loan portfolio of $7.5B represents about 24% of held-for-investment loans, with expected average weighted life of 3.4 years.
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: New York Community Bancorp beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
- NYCB no trades premarket
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at MarketRealist.com (Mar 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 4, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 11, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 3, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs