- The Nikkei jumps 1.3% and the FTSE 100 is +0.4% as Japanese and U.K. markets trade while much of Asia and Europe enjoys a day off for May Day.
- Investors shrug off sluggish Chinese PMI figures as the Fed's upbeat statement yesterday boosts the mood. In Britain, strong housing and manufacturing PMI data might also be helping.
- Hong Kong, China and India closed.
- Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid closed.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.05%. S&P +0.1%. Nasdaq +0.3%
Japanese, U.K. shares, U.S. stock futures rise
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs