- In addition to April's job gain of 288K vs. 210K expected, revisions to February and March add another 36K jobs.
- The big decline in headline unemployment to 6.3% from 6.7% comes as the labor force participation rate slides to 62.8% from 63.2% - the labor force as measured by the BLS fell 806K last month.
- The broader U-6 unemployment rate falls to 12.3% from 12.7%. One year ago, it was 13.9%.
- The average workweek is unchanged at 34.5 hours and average hourly earnings is also unchanged at $24.31.
- Treasury prices quickly give back yesterday's large gains, the 10-year yield rising five basis points to 2.67%. TLT -0.6% premarket
- Stock index futures (SPY) spiked higher as the number was released, but are only marginally in the green at this point.
- The dollar (UUP, UDN) is higher across the board, and gold slips about $10 per ounce following the number, now -0.3% at $1,280. GLD -0.5%
- ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, TENZ, LBND, TYBS, DLBL