- The country's manufacturing PMI fell into contraction territory in April - 49.3 from 50.6 previously, but what's really got the bulls excited is a sharp decline in both input and output prices.
- With Brazil's central already indicating it's nearing the end of its rate hike cycle, the news - especially if confirmed by CPI data coming next Friday - could be the final straw pushing the bank to remain on hold at the end of this month.
- Also giving energy to the bulls is the continued slide in poll numbers for President Dilma Rousseff, who faces an October election. She's down to 37% from 43.7% in February.
- The Bovespa is ahead another 1.7% today. EWZ +2.4%
- ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BRXX, EWZS, BRAQ, BRAZ, BRZU, BZQ, BRAF, UBR, BRZS, DBBR, FBZ
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Wed, 11:08AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Apr 28, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 12, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 28, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 15, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs