Notable earnings after Monday’s close

Comments (127) | Send Message

Pray for LF!
    4 May, 08:08 PM Reply Like
  • futuretrade
    , contributor
    Comments (573) | Send Message

I must admit, I'm just a little nervous. I do think we will hear about the Moema plant tomorrow one way or another.>>This is what I believe might happen} 1. BG has opened the plant and is producing product. 2.Solazyme Bought Moema and the plant is running. 3. Solazyme bought the plant but not operational yet. 4. BG owns it still but not operational yet.} What I truly believe is that it will be the 1st option. Why would BG sell Moema just as it starts to become profitable, and Moema should be close too being operational, if not already running.
    4 May, 09:31 PM Reply Like
  • JeremySpoken
    , contributor
    Comments (74) | Send Message

I'm speculating #2 will happen. Hard to say.
    4 May, 11:20 PM Reply Like
  • Annapolax05
    , contributor
    Comments (15) | Send Message

I'm hoping for #2 as well. The complete lack of mention in the Bunge earnings report as well as no questions (almost as if the analysts were told in advance that this is a subject they can't talk about) coupled with the secondary offering a month ago leads me to believe that they have bought the Moema facility. Whether or not the plant is running is another issue. That being said the publishing of recent Unilever & Nordstrom deals leads me to believe they anticipate (or have already begun) producing higher volume.
    5 May, 11:58 AM Reply Like
  • futuretrade
    , contributor
    Comments (573) | Send Message

"That being said the publishing of recent Unilever & Nordstrom deals leads me to believe they anticipate (or have already begun) producing higher volume." >>> I think you might be on to something, Why would SZYM take on more orders if they don't have the capacity to fulfill the customers needs or soon will have?
    5 May, 12:46 PM Reply Like
  • rrosthal
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

I listened to the BG conference call last week. No mention and no questions on Moema.
    4 May, 10:19 PM Reply Like
  • futuretrade
    , contributor
    Comments (573) | Send Message

"No mention and no questions on Moema." Your right! That's the point. As a BG investor wouldn't that be important to you? As a Solazyme investor it's important to me. It's not what they said, It's the lack of what they said. BG had to know that news about the plant's opening was eagerly awaited by Solazyme investors and most likely Bunge investors.
    5 May, 12:05 AM Reply Like
  • bulldog6
    , contributor
    Comments (4) | Send Message

Wonder if AIG will get fined for something?

I think AIG got $13 billion to pay off some bad swaps.

Seems like most of that money passed thru AIG to GS.
    5 May, 12:17 AM Reply Like
  • Brucejfern
    , contributor
    Comments (1239) | Send Message

I am pretty sure AIG and APL already reported last week.
    11 May, 05:40 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: