- The crowds at casinos (MPEL, MGM, WYNN, LVS, GXYEF, SJMHF) in Macau during Golden Week continue to impress, according to analysts.
- The May Day period is a national holiday in China.
- The positive read for May traffic at casinos follows up on a 10.6% gain in gaming revenue in the region for April.
- Early channel checks for the luxury sector haven't been quite as rosy. Mainland shoppers' demand for luxury goods is seen as lighter than a year ago.
- China luxury sellers: Gucci (GUCG), Prada, Louis Vuitton (LVMUY), Coach (COH), Ralph Lauren (RL), Michael Kors (KORS), Swatch (SWGAY), Burberry (BURBY), Tiffany (TIF).
Gambling Stock Roundup: Caesars Entertainment Misses; Churchill Downs to Buy Big Fish Games - Analyst Blog
at Zacks.com (Mon, 11:18AM)