Coca-Cola to pull controversial additive

Coca-Cola (KO -0.5%) says it will remove brominated vegetable oil from its products by the end of this year.

The additive has caught the attention of various consumer groups, although the FDA hasn't weighed in on it yet.

From other sites
Comments (6)
  • Jagahatshi08
    , contributor
    Comments (33) | Send Message

I doubt this will have much impact on the bottom line. Most likely just something about which consumers & investors will chit-chat. Reportedly, this only affects Powerade, Fresca, and one other Orange drink.

6 May 2014, 01:50 PM Reply Like
  • slcUTAH
    , contributor
    Comments (542) | Send Message

I think this is a step in the right direction. I don't think this change will move the stock needle any way BUT in terms of PR it's good. Hopefully more of these [health conscious] changes are on their way. They won't hurt.

-Cheers.
    6 May 2014, 02:13 PM Reply Like
  • Hellz
    , contributor
    Comments (176) | Send Message

How else will I get my daily requirement of brom??
    7 May 2014, 10:59 AM Reply Like
  • putster
    , contributor
    Comments (651) | Send Message

I wonder if PEP also plans to remove this additive from their Gatorade line, as well as other additives that might be in any other of their lines of food and beverage products?
    I'm not saying that any harmful 'by-product' chemicals could be ending up in any of their end food or beverage products or anything like that.
    7 May 2014, 05:52 PM Reply Like
  • putster
    , contributor
    Comments (651) | Send Message

Nevermind, I just read that PEP is dropping this additive from their drinks as well.
    7 May 2014, 06:04 PM Reply Like
  • WTJ
    , contributor
    Comments (407) | Send Message

I personally wish that they would stop purchasing gmo corn for the corn syrup.
    My piece of mind as an investor would benefit as well as my health.
    8 May 2014, 12:16 PM Reply Like