Seeking Alpha

Vaalco Energy -20% after surprise Q1 loss, big revenue drop

Vaalco Energy (EGY -20.4%) plunges 20% after swinging to a $0.12/share Q1 loss from a $0.12 gain in the prior-year quarter and reporting a 36% Y/Y drop in revenue.

EGY said results were hurt by the dry hole it drilled in the Etame Marin prospect off the Gabon coast, first disclosed in February; EGY was operator and 28% owner of the Dimba well, with Sinopec, Sasol, Tullow and others sharing the remaining 72% stake.

Q1 production totaled ~335K net barrels vs. ~360K in the prior-year quarter.

Comments (0)
Be the first to comment
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs