- Alcatel-Lucent's (ALU) Q1 net loss narrowed to €73M ($101M) from €353M a year earlier, helped by lower costs and an 11% increase in revenue at the telecom-equipment company's Internet-routing division.
- Losses per share dropped to $0.03 from $0.16.
- Revenue fell 3.3% to €2.96B, mainly because of the increase in the euro vs the dollar and a 50% fall to €99M at the firm's managed-services business. Internet-routing sales +11% to €549M, wireless-network fell slightly to €999M.
- Alcatel-Lucent swung to an adjusted operating profit of €33M from a loss of €179M and beat expectations for break-even.
- Free-cash flow loss €398M vs €544M, adjusted for discontinued operations.
- Alcatel-Lucent remains on track to sell €1B in assets.
- Shares are +3.4% in Paris. (PR)
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Apr 8, 2015)
at Investopedia (Apr 7, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 25, 2015)
Alcatel Lucent : Bell Labs launches consulting division to advise industry on path to network of 2020at 4-traders.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 23, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs