- Ralph Lauren (RL) beat estimates with its Q1 report, but underneath the hood things don't look all rosy.
- Segment revenue growth: Wholesales +24% to $983M; Retail +5% to $845M.
- Consolidated comp sales growth was 2% lower with the start of the spring season in North America lagging.
- The retailer's gross profit rate sank 190 bps to 57.9% due to F/X changes and a change in mix tied to the integration of Chaps.
- Guidance for 2015 from the company is well-below the consensus estimate of analysts.
- RL -5.9% premarket
Ralph Lauren beats estimates but investors dig deeper, shares -5.9%
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Jun 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 28, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 5, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 24, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs