More on Apple: iPhone 6 launches reportedly set for August/September

• Supply-chain sources tell Taiwan's Economic Daily News (hit-and-miss with product launch reports) a 4.7" iPhone 6 (AAPL) will arrive in August (a month earlier than expected), and that a 5.5" or 5.6" model will launch in September. The paper adds 80M iPhone 6 units will be produced this year.
  • There have been plenty of reports stating Apple plans to launch 4.7" and 5.5" iPhones, with some adding the latter will arrive later than the former. There have also been reports stating Apple is looking to charge a premium for a bigger iPhone. The Street has been enthusiastic about the potential of the phones to win back share lost to large-screen Android devices.
  • iPhone audio codec/amplifier supplier Cirrus Logic (CRUS), believed to get over 2/3 of its sales from Apple, could benefit if the rumored launch schedule is accurate.
  • Earlier: Video appears to confirm Apple-Beats
Comments (58)
  • rsbduff@gmail.com
    Comments (438) | Send Message

New releases are exciting??

When a company comes out with a long awaited product roll-out, it can be exciting for investors. But (you knew that was coming...right?) "Anticipation" is a double edged sword.

On one hand, everyone is now anticipating the August/September roll-out, and if it is late....or doesn't get big numbers......"Ouch."

I've always tried to buy American (Not that it's actually made here).

Apple Strategy......Q2 Throw kitchen sink. Q3 7-1 Stock split. Q4 Hope iPhone 6 sales take off. Now you know.

My insight is worth what I charge for it.
    RSBDuff
    9 May, 09:01 AM Reply Like
  • Moon Kil Woong
    Comments (11110) | Send Message

LOL, so much excitement about Apple copying Samsung and the rest of the market with bigger screens. I just hope they don't put in garbage beats audio into it. The sound is sub par for audio aficionados, although it looks good on all those stars who get them for free to drown out the public they disrespect even though they should be kissing their feet since they need their adoration to make a living.
    10 May, 10:13 PM Reply Like
  • khlim115
    Comments (78) | Send Message

The larger screen will be even more popular in China.
    9 May, 09:16 AM Reply Like
  • investingInvestor
    Comments (1432) | Send Message

kh, yes. Apple did the same thing a decade ago with the iPod. Today, Apple iPods cover the range of personal music devices and dominate this market. You can even record and use iPods are thumb drives.

Ya'think Apple can dance to this tune?
    9 May, 11:01 AM Reply Like
  • tehfleet
    Comments (11) | Send Message

Can't wait to ditch my s3
    9 May, 09:28 AM Reply Like
  • K1smet
    Comments (592) | Send Message

I can't wait to dump my Samsuck stupidphone and buy a new iPhone 6. :)
    9 May, 02:05 PM Reply Like
  • kata
    Comments (522) | Send Message

Are they taking pre orders? Think they are going to be hard to get.
    9 May, 09:37 AM Reply Like
  • no one really
    Comments (136) | Send Message

Preorders will likely start a few days after the announcement circus, with shipping about 3 weeks later.

Note that moving the announcement up a month will make the Q4 and Q1 comparables from the previous year less clear, so expect a 'beat' Q4 and a 'miss' Q1. Sky Falling, iPod sales down, and general doom in the press. Cause what we need is more people who don't understand product introduction driven financial cycles.
    9 May, 12:26 PM Reply Like
  • VictorHAustin
    Comments (823) | Send Message

They will go on sale Friday week after the event. Online sales will start at midnight and stores will open around 8 local time. First weekend sales will be announced Monday following. The announcement will not be made until inventory can be available to deliver significant numbers on this sort of schedule.

Apple really is not mysterious. Solid. No nonsense. Hype limited to the actual product. No pre-announce, no vapor-ware.
    10 May, 12:29 PM Reply Like
  • ejm602
    Comments (41) | Send Message

A lot of people talk about the need for "product innovation" at Apple but nobody likes my idea that they should make a phone specifically for the 'tween market (ages 10-12.) Phone owners are getting younger and younger every day. Apple already knows how to make smaller phones and they already have the ability for parental controls. To me it's a no-brainer.
    9 May, 09:38 AM Reply Like
  • kata
    Comments (522) | Send Message

my ten yr old niece would turn up her nose, lol.
    9 May, 01:45 PM Reply Like
  • Paulo Santos
    Comments (18842) | Send Message

Didn't you read the poster above saying that your kids won't love you or treat you well if you don't give them the good stuff?

And now you're wanting to give them a crippled iPhone?
    9 May, 08:51 PM Reply Like
  • JohnBinTN
    Comments (3692) | Send Message

My kid has a Huawei Tracfone (Android). He appreciates the heck out of it, too. He pays for his own minutes, and always has.

Too many people are raising their kids like Veruca Salt clones.
    9 May, 09:10 PM Reply Like
  • Overanalytical
    Comments (726) | Send Message

When are they going to rename this? Are my kids going to ask for iphone 30s?
    9 May, 10:22 AM Reply Like
  • Matthew Davis
    Comments (3818) | Send Message

Will the commercials for it have Dr. Dre hawking the phone as having "Beats" speaker system in it? LOL 3 Billion for a name. Stupid.
    9 May, 10:49 AM Reply Like
  • ejm602
    Comments (41) | Send Message

Beats already has it's sound enhancement in the HTC Windows Phone 8x so it's not preposterous to suggest an iphone would have the same enhancement.
    9 May, 10:58 AM Reply Like
  • tiger8896
    Comments (614) | Send Message

Beats is all hype. I have an HTC phone with Beats and it's not as good a media player as my iPhone. Also tried an HP tablet with Beats and Apple beats it also as far as sound quality.

I really hope this rumor about Apple buying Beats is wrong but where there's smoke there's fire and Cook probably pulls the trigger in an attempt to get some needed product innovation at Apple.
    9 May, 05:05 PM Reply Like
  • ejm602
    Comments (41) | Send Message

I agree with you, tiger. The Beats audio enhancement just seems to add some bass and volume; and it does not engage when you pair the phone to a Bluetooth speaker. I also agree with you on the Beats/Apple acquisition....I offer the Tyrese Gibson/Dr. Dre youtube video as evidence that these two organizations are not a good mix. I don't understand why AAPL would want to do business with a rapper whose lyrics are 90% about guns, drugs and female dogs (with the other 10% instructing other rap performers to perform an unnatural act upon themselves.)
    9 May, 06:36 PM Reply Like
  • caupachow
    Comments (382) | Send Message

what type of "premium" for larger phone, if insane amount i'll go to a andriod.
    9 May, 11:42 AM Reply Like
  • inside man 55
    Comments (763) | Send Message

$1,000. j/k.
    9 May, 12:06 PM Reply Like
  • King Rat
    Comments (648) | Send Message

Who says you need to upgrade anyway? A guy with an iPhone 4S asked me if he should get a 5S now or wait for the 6. I answered, "I've got a 3GS and it's good enough for me. What do you need to upgrade for?"

Upgrading a cell phone every year or even every other year is just another reason why Americans are so broke.
    9 May, 12:26 PM Reply Like
  • VictorHAustin
    Comments (823) | Send Message

Apple increases specs at about the same price. Has been doing so for decades. Please pay attention.

Sorry to be curt but I get so tired of the pretending Apple isn't different. It is. Refreshingly, as a business.
    10 May, 12:32 PM Reply Like
  • IGUART
    Comments (316) | Send Message

The only problem King Rat is once your 2 years is up you're really still paying a premium for a phone you've already paid for in the first 2 years. I'm in the same boat with my 3G (bought it new when they came out). For the most part it works fine, just a wee bit slow next to the newer iPhones. Waiting ofr the 6 because I wanted a larger screen. :D
    12 May, 04:04 PM Reply Like
  • Overanalytical
    Comments (726) | Send Message

I got a 4s after the 5 came out and I've never felt left out
    9 May, 12:43 PM Reply Like
  • Paulo Santos
    Comments (18842) | Send Message

Com'on, fess up, you're not loving yourself or treating yourself well :-)
    9 May, 08:54 PM Reply Like
  • khoa_van
    Comments (33) | Send Message

I'm also waiting for the iphone 6. Upgrading phone is still cheaper than upgrading cars and homes. I love sport cars so upgrade my car every 2 years until I max out my budget. Life is short so enjoy as much as you can. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    9 May, 01:46 PM Reply Like
  • kata
    Comments (522) | Send Message

carpe diem, lol :)
    9 May, 02:15 PM Reply Like
  • Reel Ken
    Comments (3860) | Send Message

Hi khoa_van,

No, you're not the only one.

There are plenty of people that keep buying until they "max out" chasing material goods.

They're called "failures".

The ones that really enjoy life have learned to avoid chasing meaningless gratifications. Instead they set aside funds to put their children through college, and save to enjoy a secure retirement.

They're called "successful".
    9 May, 02:32 PM Reply Like
  • khoa_van
    Comments (33) | Send Message

I appreciate your comment but want to let you know that I do plans for our family’s future as well. When we have our first child, we decided that it was best for my wife to quit her career to take care of our kids full-time at home and now we have four. I also work from home so I do spend much quality time with my family. My kids attend schools and extra activities 7 days a week. I minimize them from watching TV and playing video games, but to focus on music and readings (esp Bible study). I enjoy driving them to classes on the weekends. Every year, I max out myself and my wife Roth IRAs contribution and also my 401k. I give money to charities every year. I gave money to my in-laws that are poor in Vietnam and even lend money to family members here in US to pay off their mortgage and buy cars so they don’t have to pay interest to the bank. I helped all of my extended families and friends. I just don’t want to wait for retirement to enjoy my life. I want to enjoy as much as I can while I’m young with my kids as well as when I grow older. I do thank God in our nightly family prayers. The term successfully has different meaning/levels to different people. For me, love, family, happiness, and what you contribute in life are more important than being successfully in wealth.
    9 May, 04:29 PM Reply Like
  • RiCk Jr
    Comments (61) | Send Message

im going to share this comment if I can. My Y generation just does not get it. But that New lifted truck bro will look so cool in my drive way, while im always working and have no time to enjoy it.
    9 May, 05:19 PM Reply Like
  • Reel Ken
    Comments (3860) | Send Message

Hi khoa_Van

That's great. But a new sports car every 2 years until you max out your budget doesn't seem to fit.
    9 May, 05:29 PM Reply Like
  • khoa_van
    Comments (33) | Send Message

Hi Reel Ken
    Sorry for not being clear, we have different budgets for different planning/purpose like most families that I know – investment budget, saving/retirement budget, charity budget, vacations budget, hobby budget, etc. Btw, most of the cars that I sold within 2yrs of owing, I break even. And on some of them I made a profit like my Honda S2000 and Lotus Elise which I sold. Honda stopped making S2000 and the Elise can't be imported to US after 2011 - driving these cars prices up. I could have sold my Lotus Elise for much more $ if I still have it today; however, I wanted experienced driving different sport cars from diff manufactures.
    9 May, 06:14 PM Reply Like
  • Reel Ken
    Comments (3860) | Send Message

Hi khoa_van

Keep up the good work and successful investing.

RK
    9 May, 07:57 PM Reply Like
  • hawk007
    Comments (53) | Send Message

"I do thank God in our nightly family prayers". Great!.... me too... I was wondering why you can say that (which is good) but I can't complement you on what is a good thing.
    10 May, 01:52 PM Reply Like
  • vinhvo66@yahoo.com
    Comments (20) | Send Message

Most young people nowadays just want to enjoy life to the fullness without saving. They think that the Government will take care of them when they're broke.
    11 May, 01:31 AM Reply Like
  • Ashraf Eassa
    Comments (8973) | Send Message

Sooner the better. The leaks look great.
    9 May, 03:53 PM Reply Like
  • iOS7 needs to revolutinize
    Comments (75) | Send Message

"Now days everybody wanna talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips but a bunch of gibberish And m**as act like they forgot about DRE."

LOL, couldn't help it. Long $AAPL
    9 May, 04:37 PM Reply Like
  • RiCk Jr
    Comments (61) | Send Message

Today was a good day. Apple Bought BeatsByDre. #Compton
    9 May, 05:21 PM Reply Like
  • IGUART
    Comments (316) | Send Message

Now that's funny!!
    12 May, 04:11 PM Reply Like
  • Hank890
    Comments (1081) | Send Message

The 4.7 inch form factor is as large as I would want. Any larger and I'll stick with my current model. It needs to fit easily in my trouser pocket---any larger, and I do not want it---.

A 24 month cycle is usually what works best for me. The last important phone issue for me was being able to use the LTE networks. SIRI is helpful when I am in my car,...otherwise, I rarely use it.

The next important new feature probably will be the enhanced security features, and perhaps the new payments eco-system, too. Both these are better facilitated, in part, by the 64-bit OS, and the A8.
    9 May, 04:54 PM Reply Like
  • Macnor
    Comments (63) | Send Message

Bought the 5S because I need a telephone slim and fast.
    Need no tabletphone
    9 May, 05:19 PM Reply Like
  • Christopher Dall
    Comments (18) | Send Message

I still think they're putting a solar panel on the back -

Is this a stretch or anyone think it could happen?
    9 May, 09:15 PM Reply Like
  • astern40
    Comments (4) | Send Message

Who leaves their phone out in the sun? Far more likely for a watch to eventually have one in my opinion.
    10 May, 06:52 PM Reply Like
  • Christopher Dall
    Comments (18) | Send Message

It charges from ambient lighting, meaning face down on your desk at work or wherever you might be - I'm not sure how feasibly it'd be structurally compatible with a watch, as those traditionally expose only one side to the exterior - but they could make a watch band for something like that?

Check out goenerplex.com or look for their stuff on Amazon... Their case for my 5s adds 3000 mAh of power to the 2100 it comes with - translation to a non-scientist like myself is that I have 2.5X the stock battery, I hit a button if I want to charge my phone, and I plug into a wall or my car less than an hour or so over the course of a given day - compared to what felt like I was charging it 3-4 times every single day, and still running out of power everywhere I went. I don't care if the iPhone 6 has a bigger screen or a faster chip, if the stupid thing runs out of power it becomes one expensive paperweight...
    11 May, 05:39 PM Reply Like
  • buyandhold???
    Comments (907) | Send Message

IS this phone going to have the GTAT sapphire screen? bc GTAT has been crushed in recent weeks
    10 May, 08:05 AM Reply Like
  • hawk007
    Comments (53) | Send Message

not crushed enough.....yet ...will wait to it gets to 9 before I buy!
    10 May, 12:18 PM Reply Like
  • Archman Investor
    Comments (2426) | Send Message

According to the latest Wage statistics by the Social Security Admin:

82% of all Americans earn $65K / year pretax.
    73% of all Americans earn $50K / year pretax.
    53% of all Americans earn...........$30k/ year pretax.

Yeah... so lets have fun watching all the Americans line up to:

* Replace the phone they bought less than a year ago or so
    * To buy another phone they can keep staring at
    * "Pretending" they are important instead of actually "being" important
    * So buy something they don't truly need
    * With money they don't really have.

So when you see the average American crying that life is not fair and that their lives somehow stink because of those of us who made a "choice" to become owners of the country and not just simply exist in the country....just remember what I wrote above.

Yeah. It's like that.
    10 May, 09:30 AM Reply Like
  • VictorHAustin
    Comments (823) | Send Message

Link? Those must be percentages of earners. And those must be percentages who earn less than the stated amount. How could more people make 65K than 50K.
    10 May, 12:40 PM Reply Like
  • Archman Investor
    Comments (2426) | Send Message

As requested:

Enjoy.
    10 May, 02:25 PM Reply Like
  • Twerz02
    Comment (1) | Send Message

You are reading the table completely wrong. By your interpretation 100% of people make 50,000,000 a year.
    10 May, 08:07 PM Reply Like
  • Archman Investor
    Comments (2426) | Send Message

What I should have said is that the first 53% of ALL Americans earn $30K / year or less.

The next 20% of ALL Americans earn $30K to $50K.
    The next 10% of ALL Americans earn $50K to $65K

The simple fact of the matter is: 83% of ALL Americans earn less than $65K/ year pre tax & yet they continue to waste money on crap they don't need and can't afford.

And as I said: They then go around marching in the streets yelling it is not fair that the owners of the country like me don't cut them a check every month just because they are alive.

To bad.
    10 May, 08:37 PM Reply Like
  • JohnBinTN
    Comments (3692) | Send Message

Hey Archman - will you cut me a check? ;)
    10 May, 09:12 PM Reply Like
  • Matthew Davis
    Comments (3818) | Send Message

"the owners of the country like me don't cut them a check"

taking applications?
    10 May, 10:00 PM Reply Like
  • Archman Investor
    Comments (2426) | Send Message

John: U seem like you are doing just fine.

Best to you.
    11 May, 08:34 AM Reply Like
  • Archman Investor
    Comments (2426) | Send Message

Matthew: Unfortunately there are no openings at this time :)

Best to you.
    11 May, 08:34 AM Reply Like
  • Tony Pow
    Comments (5792) | Send Message

When we die,

with all toys, smart;

with all toys not upgraded, dumb;

with all money not converted to toys, stupid;

with all toys being shared, genius.
    10 May, 05:46 PM Reply Like
  • kata
    Comments (522) | Send Message

tony, no one wants your Walkman, throw it away
    11 May, 08:00 PM Reply Like
  • IGUART
    Comments (316) | Send Message

I thought it was "He who dies with the most toys wins!" LOL
    12 May, 04:15 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: