- Stock futures indicate slight losses at the open, with the relative weakness of smallcap stocks apparently set to continue after another rough week; S&P, Dow and Nasdaq all -0.1%.
- European markets are lower after Ukrainian pro-Russian separatists said they would continue with a succession referendum this weekend, while Asian markets ended mixed.
- There's lots of news in the tech sector: Apple -0.4% premarket after reports of talks to buy headphone company Beats for $3.2B, Nvidia -2.7% as its outlook causes concern about reduced demand in the PC industry, and momentum name Rocket Fuel -28% after lowering Q2 guidance below consensus.
- Treasurys are little changed, with the 10-year yield flat at 2.62%.
- Still ahead: wholesale inventories.