Midday Gainers / Losers

Comments (6)
  • Michael Fitzsimmons
    , contributor
    Comments (8085) | Send Message

Apparently the market does not realize that Q1 is the company's slowest quarter and it typically has posted a loss. Considering the ramp-up in expenses to market and produce the new lithium-ion and battery recycle businesses, this was to be expected. Yet the fundamentals are very strong:

Lithium battery net sales up 44.7% in the first quarter of 2014 over the first quarter of 2013; total lithium battery pieces sold increased 15.2%; and a 22.5% increase in volume per ampere hour, reflecting more sales of large format lithium batteries used in areas such as electric buses. Gross margins were up 80 basis points.

If it touches $4, I am adding to my position.
    12 May, 01:05 PM Reply Like
  • marcypress
    , contributor
    Comments (16) | Send Message

Thanks Michael. Doesn't look like it will go that low, but watching. Now wishing I picked some up at $3.91! Seemed like an over-reaction to a good report.
    12 May, 03:28 PM Reply Like
  • eatain
    , contributor
    Comments (2) | Send Message

I'll be there with you near 4$. and if it gets to your PT eventually we'll both be happy people.
    Thanks for covering the stock.
    12 May, 03:09 PM Reply Like
  • jobehro
    , contributor
    Comments (174) | Send Message

I assume the comments above are regarding HPJ. After going thru the list of stocks above I finally made the connection. Good exercise in learning/researching, thanks. Learned a lot about HPJ. Current price (4.30). A bargain based on financials and factual information. There are risks of coarse ( Political issues, economic trends, competition, etc.) but the benefits could be worthy. Rechargeable batteries are the future. Convenience and efficiency are the way to go.
    25 May, 08:17 PM Reply Like
  • Michael Fitzsimmons
    , contributor
    Comments (8085) | Send Message

jobehro - good point, I neglected to mention what stock I was referring to, but yes, HPJ. It did bounce back nicely from the sell-off. Pretty volatile and I suspect it might stay this way until Q2 earnings proves Q1 was an aberration.
    26 May, 10:31 AM Reply Like
  • jobehro
    , contributor
    Comments (174) | Send Message

Hey, what happened to all the latest news and comments? Anyone know?
    25 Jun, 04:01 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: