- Rackspace (RAX) expects Q2 revenue of $434M-$440M, favorable at the midpoint to a $435.5M consensus.
- In spite of intense cloud infrastructure price pressure, adjusted EBITDA margin rose 80 bps Q/Q in Q1 to 33.2% (it was down 130 bps Y/Y), and contributing to its EPS beat. Rackspace expects a Q2 adjusted EBITDA margin of 32%-34%.
- Adjusted free cash flow was $39.9M, up from $15.3M in Q4 and -$1.2M a year ago, and also topping net income of $25M. Capex totaled $101M (24% of revenue).
- Dedicated cloud (Web hosting) revenue +3% Q/Q and +10% Y/Y to $299.7M. Public cloud revenue (inc. OpenStack) +4% Q/Q and +34% Y/Y to $121.4M.
- Net upgrade rate fell to 0.9% from 1.1% in Q4. Churn was -0.6% vs. -0.7%. Servers deployed rose 2% Q/Q to 106.2K, and average revenue/server rose $14 to $1,336.
- Q1 results, PR
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 18, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 12, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 8, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Dec 8, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 24, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs