- General Motors (GM -0.6%) conducted detailed testing before concluding that vehicles impacted by the ignition switch recall are safe to drive
- The automaker says if only the key (no key ring or additional weight) is attached to the ignition switch the car's operations function normally/
- Details of the testing were released on the NHTSA website.
- Safety advocates have been calling on the government agency and judges to ground all GM vehicles that were recalled.
- GM engineering report (.pdf)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 20, 2015)