Realty Income downgraded at Ladenburg Thalmann

Citing valuation and the potential for declining investment spreads, the team at Ladenburg pulls its Buy rating on The Monthly Dividend Company (O).

Comments (10)
  • karben
    , contributor
    Comments (4) | Send Message

I am long in Realty Income O with several purchases on the pull backs. I sleep very comfortable with O and enjoy the monthly checks. Im sure Ladenburg Thalmann has their reasons for pulling their buy ratings. I have many reasons to enjoy this great reit.
    15 May 2014, 08:43 AM Reply Like
  • Jimster64
    , contributor
    Comments (10) | Send Message

I bought NLY after a downgrade and now doing very well and enjoying nice dividend
    15 May 2014, 10:01 AM Reply Like
  • RWMostow
    , contributor
    Comments (1691) | Send Message

Jimster-

What is the connection between NLY and O? Thanks.

-rwm
    15 May 2014, 10:14 AM Reply Like
  • Captain Pike
    , contributor
    Comments (890) | Send Message

ARCP would have to be $21 for an equal valuation to O. Screw the rationalizations, one is slightly over valued one is way under valued.
    15 May 2014, 10:21 AM Reply Like
  • reaume
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

I invest mostly in dividend paying and growing stocks, etf's and reits. For insurance against downturns I use inverse etf's. That's my strategy in a nutshell, and it works well. Profits from inverse etf's are plowed back into my holdings at lower prices. For 12 or so years now, I have done well in good and bad markets. I keep it simple with 3 or 4 stocks 3 dividend etf's, a couple reits and an mlp etf.. In 13 years my portfolio has gone from $200,000 to $475,000. It now produces about $30,000 in dividend income, which supplements my pension and Social Security nicely. Thanks, Jack
    15 May 2014, 10:31 AM Reply Like
  • dave22
    , contributor
    Comments (28) | Send Message

Sounds like a great income structure. Can you help by identifying an inverse ETF to consider?
    15 May 2014, 12:56 PM Reply Like
  • chuckleh
    , contributor
    Comments (496) | Send Message

When you say it like that it sounds like more than it really is. Without a calculator I'm guessing you've averaged about 7 or 8 percent gain per year, which is very good, don't get me wrong, but it's not the overwhelming win some may think it is. And your dividends are about 6.3%, which is also good, but not that hard to achieve.
    15 May 2014, 06:02 PM Reply Like
  • the pedestrian
    , contributor
    Comments (116) | Send Message

Of course it's that hard. That's why not many are able to do it.
    Condescension becomes no one.
    16 May 2014, 12:31 AM Reply Like
  • Pillager-Ale
    , contributor
    Comments (18) | Send Message

Hopefully this can lead to a purchase opportunity. I does sit a little high for my liking at this point.
    15 May 2014, 10:32 AM Reply Like
  • webbersworld
    , contributor
    Comments (211) | Send Message

Would LOVE to see this get the $37-$38 range again!
    15 May 2014, 01:15 PM Reply Like