Realty Income downgraded at Ladenburg Thalmann

• Citing valuation and the potential for declining investment spreads, the team at Ladenburg pulls its Buy rating on The Monthly Dividend Company (O).
Comments (10)
  • karben
    , contributor
    Comments (4) | Send Message

I am long in Realty Income O with several purchases on the pull backs. I sleep very comfortable with O and enjoy the monthly checks. Im sure Ladenburg Thalmann has their reasons for pulling their buy ratings. I have many reasons to enjoy this great reit.
    15 May 2014, 08:43 AM Reply Like
  • Jimster64
    , contributor
    Comments (11) | Send Message

I bought NLY after a downgrade and now doing very well and enjoying nice dividend
    15 May 2014, 10:01 AM Reply Like
  • RWMostow
    , contributor
    Comments (1523) | Send Message

Jimster-

What is the connection between NLY and O? Thanks.

-rwm
    15 May 2014, 10:14 AM Reply Like
  • Captain Pike
    , contributor
    Comments (786) | Send Message

ARCP would have to be $21 for an equal valuation to O. Screw the rationalizations, one is slightly over valued one is way under valued.
    15 May 2014, 10:21 AM Reply Like
  • reaume
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

I invest mostly in dividend paying and growing stocks, etf's and reits. For insurance against downturns I use inverse etf's. That's my strategy in a nutshell, and it works well. Profits from inverse etf's are plowed back into my holdings at lower prices. For 12 or so years now, I have done well in good and bad markets. I keep it simple with 3 or 4 stocks 3 dividend etf's, a couple reits and an mlp etf.. In 13 years my portfolio has gone from $200,000 to $475,000. It now produces about $30,000 in dividend income, which supplements my pension and Social Security nicely. Thanks, Jack
    15 May 2014, 10:31 AM Reply Like
  • dave22
    , contributor
    Comments (23) | Send Message

Sounds like a great income structure. Can you help by identifying an inverse ETF to consider?
    15 May 2014, 12:56 PM Reply Like
  • chuckleh
    , contributor
    Comments (330) | Send Message

When you say it like that it sounds like more than it really is. Without a calculator I'm guessing you've averaged about 7 or 8 percent gain per year, which is very good, don't get me wrong, but it's not the overwhelming win some may think it is. And your dividends are about 6.3%, which is also good, but not that hard to achieve.
    15 May 2014, 06:02 PM Reply Like
  • the pedestrian
    , contributor
    Comments (72) | Send Message

Of course it's that hard. That's why not many are able to do it.
    Condescension becomes no one.
    16 May 2014, 12:31 AM Reply Like
  • Pillager-Ale
    , contributor
    Comments (16) | Send Message

Hopefully this can lead to a purchase opportunity. I does sit a little high for my liking at this point.
    15 May 2014, 10:32 AM Reply Like
  • webbersworld
    , contributor
    Comments (173) | Send Message

Would LOVE to see this get the $37-$38 range again!
    15 May 2014, 01:15 PM Reply Like