Canadian Solar Inc. misses by $0.01, beats on revenue

Canadian Solar Inc. (CSIQ): Q1 EPS of $0.07 misses by $0.01.

Revenue of $466.3M (+76.9% Y/Y) beats by $34.32M.

From other sites

Comments (10) | Send Message

I think the street was looking for .08 EPS
    16 May 2014, 06:56 AM Reply Like
  • Holdem-Hero
    , contributor
    Comments (82) | Send Message

I could be wrong. Do you have any links other than Seeking Alpha that claim the EPS consensus was .08??

Here is the news wire that came over Fidelity active trader platform:

Canadian Solar Swings To Profit, But Misses Estimates; Beats On Revenues; Full-Year Guidance Reaffirmed
    MIDNIGHT TRADER 2:36 AM ET 5/16/2014
    Symbol Last Price Change
    CSIQ 25.32 0 (0%)
    QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 05/15/2014
    06:36 AM EDT, 05/16/2014 (MT Newswires) -- Canadian Solar(CSIQ) has reported Q1 EPS of $0.07, up from a loss of $0.10 per share in Q1 2013 but missing analyst estimates f $0.12 per share. Total revenue was $466.3 million, up from $263.6 million in Q4 2013 and beating analyst projections of $431.98 million.

For Q2 2014, the company expects module shipments to be in the range of approximately 600 MW to 630 MW. Total revenue for Q2 2014 is expected to be in the range of $560 million to $590 million, with gross margin expected to be between 17% and 19%.

For full year 2014, the company has reaffirmed its guidance for module shipments to be in the range of 2.5 GW to 2.7 GW and had reaffirmed guidance for net revenue in 2014 to be in the range of approximately $2.7 billion to $2.9 billion.

Shares of CSIQ are down $0.14, or 0.55%, at $25.18 in pre-market trading with a 52-week range of $6.90 - $44.50.

Price: 25.18, Change: -0.14, Percent Change: -0.55
    16 May 2014, 07:05 AM Reply Like
  • Holdem-Hero
    , contributor
    Comments (82) | Send Message

yea i think you are correct the street and zacks have consensus at .08. News wire must be wrong...I think .12 was the high estimate not consensus. I stand corrected.
    16 May 2014, 07:14 AM Reply Like
  • bivalve
    , contributor
    Comments (26) | Send Message

16 May 2014, 07:20 AM Reply Like
  • sophocles
    , contributor
    Comments (232) | Send Message

About $7m loss due to currency hedging. There is a large one-time tax also. Consensus numbers don't include those. CSIQ guided higher for the year earlier, maintains that guidance today.
    16 May 2014, 08:32 AM Reply Like
  • profit2go
    , contributor
    Comments (10) | Send Message

NP, Holdem.
    I think you are right re: high vs. consensus. I think this is a minor bump for CSIQ, market reaction overall fuelled by the market itself. The combination of the market decline yesterday with recent news regarding other space players is contributing to the downdraft. CSIQ is a very solid company with many global opportunities percolating. The IKEA Australia project is just the tip of the iceberg for IKEA and CSIQ. This is a more significant event than I believe the company is being credited for with an almost unimaginable upside (and I can imagine quite a lot) A worker that I know at CSIQ in Canada tells me that the companies products are much superior to the competition that he has seen in other installations and CSIQ's attention to doing things the right way the first time is garnering a strong following within the marketplace. For those who are interested.
    16 May 2014, 10:22 AM Reply Like
  • Holdem-Hero
    , contributor
    Comments (82) | Send Message

I think .12 was the consensus becuse now the street is saying they missed by .05 and quite frankly I dont trust Zacks site.

16 May 2014, 12:17 PM Reply Like
  • squashjohn
    , contributor
    Comments (33) | Send Message

Cheers for heads-up on CSIQ Profit2go.. I am very interested. If market wants to drag this momentum player down further into Q3 I'll be keeping my eye on the prize.. Q. The 'worker' you know at CSIQ - who's there main opposition according to him? FSLR/SPWR/JKS/TSL??
    16 May 2014, 08:25 PM Reply Like
  • squashjohn
    , contributor
    Comments (33) | Send Message

Where's this stock in 3-5 years anybody.
    18 May 2014, 05:14 PM Reply Like